Nothing beats the sheer joy of watching a dog slobber all over an ice cream on a hot day. But don’t be tempted to give your hot hound human ice cream – it’s high in sugar and most dogs find it difficult to digest dairy.
But don’t despair – your peckish pooch doesn’t have to miss out this summer. Why not try out this tasty dog friendly strawberry ice cream recipe? Courtesy of (and very much approved by) one of our favourite instagram dogs – Rusty Rodas.
- 900g tub plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure coconut butter
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- Add yogurt, strawberries, and coconut butter to a blender, blending until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. To make individual portions, pour into ice cube trays or small food-safe containers.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or up to a day before serving.
- Once frozen, scoop single servings into your dog’s favourite bowl! Store leftovers in the freezer.
For more daily goodness from Rusty, follow @rustyrodas on instagram