Travelling with dogs can be like travelling with kids – messy, so here’s our top 10 things you need to pack from your very own doggy adventure.
It’s that time of year to feel the wind in your ears and hit the open road. StyleTails is a on a little Summer road trip with resident pooch George across the beautiful French countryside. Here’s our 10 essentials to pack for your pooch.
1. Pet Passport – If you’re planning on going all continental, you’re going to need one of these bad boys. Easy to get from your vet – a simple rabies jab and they can issue you with one on the spot, plus there’s a little place for a picture of your travelling hound.
2. Travel bed – Just because you’re on a road, it doesn’t mean fido has to forgo those little luxuries. This quilted travel bed from East End Best Friend is one of our favourites.
3. Pet Wet Wipes – Dogs seem to get even filthier with all their adventures on a road trip so these Body & Paw Bath Wipes from John Paul Pet are a life saver when you need a quick fix.
4. Poop Bags – While you might be able to get away with the odd nature poo in more rural areas (it’s fertiliser you know!) you’ll still need a good supply of poo bags for your road trip. Transform poop collection into humorous affair with these biodegradable Poo Poo bags which come in a range of designs to make you go ‘ha ha’ while scooping le poop.
5. Treats – Bribery is still essential even when you’re abroad, so make sure you pack a little stash of tasty treats for your crafty canine companion. Going for a taste of home (he is a Yorkshire Terrier after all) we went for these Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pud treats from the Canine Cookie Company.
6. Doggy Seat Belt Attachment – Between grappling with the sat nav and remembering to drive on the other side of the road, the last thing you need is a playful pup bounding all over the car. These seatbelt attachments clip straight onto your dog’s harness to keep them safe and still – genuis.
7. Brush – Running, swimming, rolling and rollicking about means one thing – tangled tresses. Dreadlocks are so early 90’s so make sure you pack a good pin brush to keep your pooch primped. This one from Mungo & Maud will do the trick.
8. Travel Bowl – Meal time in the car or on the go can still be an organised affair with a good travel bowl. We swear by the Yummy Bowl from Sleepypod. You can keep a good supply of fresh water in the bottom, some pooch chow in the top and the lid flips over into a little bowl for feeding. Simples!
9. Towels – A dip in the beach or a lake is a must on a summer road trip so make sure you can dry off your soggy dog before you get back in the car. These egyptian cotton Padbury Towels from LoveMyDog are soft and luxurious to boot.
10. Detangling Spray – If you’ve got a long-haired pooch, this will be a life-saver between baths while you’re on the go. Knot Sure from Animology can be spritzed on and brushed out for a smooth looking hound.
Stay tuned for more action from StyleTails’ French road trip…………..
Where are you headed with your hound this Summer?