When people say annoying things to you like, ‘A puppy is a big responsibility you know’, or ‘A puppy will change your life you know’, or ‘You won’t be able to just do what you want anymore you know,’ you of course say ‘Yeah, Yeah it’ll be fine!’ The reality of a puppy then of course dawns on you and your life spins into a series of messy, frustrating, and stressful incidents, with all the good bits in between. Here’s just 10 of the ways puppies send you slightly mad:
1. You find untold numbers of poo bags strewn through your pockets, handbag and in my case in my socks? The glamour!
2. You find yourself talking to total strangers in the street who unsuspectingly come over for a cuddle, only to be inundated with hundreds of anecdotes about your puppy and how great they are.
3. All your clothes are covered in some form of food, dirt or drool and a strange crust.
4. You’re far more concerned about whether your puppy is getting all the right nutrients out of his diet, than you’ll ever be about your own (typed while eating a slice of pizza from last night).
5. You find yourself talking to people (who may of may not be interested) about your puppy’s toilet habits – frequency, colour, consistency and so on. Interesting to you, not so much to others.
6. You pull doggy treats out from your pockets while rifling for change and in your distraction hand them to the cashier as a potential form of currency.
7. After years of never getting out of bed until the last possible minute, you find yourself springing out to go and see your furry pal. MADNESS!
8. You leave parties early to go home to them. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE!?
9. Bribery, trickery and treats become your main form of negotiation
10. You don’t flinch at shoving your fingers right down their throat after they’ve picked up someone else’s chewing gum off the street and attempted to eat it.
For goodness sakes……..
ST + George x